Jordan Peele’s launch from a solid comedy base with Key & Peele to the unexpected Get Out was so impressive that he’s generated a huge amount of good will that allows him to play the full-on auteur with huge budgets. Did that pay off with his third film, the monster movie Nope?
One can’t really talk about this film without immediately spoiling it, so be warned!
A few articles we reviewed include:
- “Jordan Peele and Keke Palmer Look to the Sky” by Gerrick Kennedy
- “Jordan Peele Talks Being A Black Auteur And Disproving Myths Of Representation In Hollywood” by Dino-Ray Ramos
- “The Bloody History Behind Those Moving Pictures in Nope” by Jason Bailey
- “Jordan Peele’s Nope, Explained” by Alissa Wilkinson
- “Jordan Peele’s Nope Calls Back to This Greek Myth” by Rebecca Radillo
- “Jupe is the biggest tragedy in Nope, a movie full of tragedies” by Tasha Robinson
Get bonus talking for this and nearly every episode at patreon.com/prettymuchpop, or you can sign up directly via Apple Podcasts for a subscription for ad-free and bonus material for three of Mark’s podcasts together on the Mark Lintertainment Podcasts Channel.