Mark is joined by NY Time entertainment writer/philosophy prof Lawrence Ware, novelist/ex-actor Sarahlyn Bruck, and filmmaker/Remakes, Reboots, and Revivals host Rolando Nieves to discuss the Jurassic Park franchise in light of the new film, Jurassic World: Dominion.
Is the mere presence of cool dinosaurs enough to justify a film, or are these actually good films by any standard? What childhood itch do these scratch? How do these films work as sci-fi and political commentary?
Some relevant articles include:
- “Jurassic World Dominion Review: Isn’t This Franchise Supposed To Be About Dinosaurs?” By Eric Eisenberg
- “All Dinosaurs In Jurassic World: Dominion” by Daniel Dimanna
- “Jurassic Park Deaths, Ranked By How Much They Had It Coming” by Devin Meenan
- “Jurassic World 3 Theory: Biosyn Returns Because of InGen’s Failure” by Debopriyaa Dutta
- “‘Jurassic World Dominion’ Director Explains How the Movie’s Special Effects Are Different From the First 2” by Jason Rossi
Get bonus talking for this and nearly every episode at patreon.com/prettymuchpop, or you can sign up directly via Apple Podcasts for a subscription for ad-free and bonus material for three of Mark’s podcasts together on the Mark Lintertainment Podcasts Channel.