Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Join the office Christmas party at the PEL network. The hired band is Mark Lint’s Dry Folk, playing their entire album, and the guests are considerate enough to only talk between the songs. BYOB!
Mark holds mini conversations on philosophy, art, and life with all the PEL and PMP co-hosts, plus special guests Ken Stringfellow (a guy who played with REM and Big Star also sang on my album!), feminist scholar Jenny Hansen, and every member of the band (and old bandmate Steve Petrinko).
The beginning/end music is excerpted from Mark’s 2014 “Twelve Interminable Days of Xmas“; the party part at the end was edited by Mike Wilson (who was a guest on PMP).
Where to hang after the party?
- Listen to our 2015 Holiday Special featuring may PEL guests. (Lucy Lawless!)
- Listen to more Mark Lint tunes; read lyrics, purchase the albums.
- See Mark Lint’s Dry Folk live on YouTube. Follow us on FB for future activities.
- Are you actually subscribed yet to PEL, NEM, and PMP?
- What about Wes Alwan’s (sub)Text podcast?
- And don’t forget Combat & Classics, Phi Fic, and Constellary Tales!
- Watch Erica Spyres’ quarantine musical creations.
- Listen to Jenny Hansen on PEL talking Simon De Beauvoir.
- Listen to Iris Hutchings and Ken Keeley in Getaway Drivers.
- Watch Steve Petrinko’s music videos. Hear him on NEM.
- Listen to Ken Stringfellow on NEM and PMP. Follow him on Instagram.
- Read about Jim Turk’s Beat My Disease MS activism and drum therapy.
- Read more of Mark’s song self-analysis.
- Mark’s old music page includes previous versions of some of the tunes.
- A NEM ep from a few months back examines Mark’s time in New People w/ Matt Ackerman.
- Listen to Tyler on NEM and PMP. Check out his SoundCloud page.
Edited by Mark and Tyler Hislop. Album cover by Solomon Grundy.
Leave a Reply