Podcast: Play in new window | Download
With no new Pretty Much Pop episode this week, we’ve collected some highlights from the supporter-only aftertalks that we record with every episode to reveal to the general public. Feast upon these non-sequitur nuggets of wisdom and mirth!
Here are the topics and clip sources. You want to go hear them in context:
- Escapism (from the aftertalk to ep. 51)
- Nazi/Jewish alternative histories and super-heroes (ep. 50 feat. Seth Paskin)
- Comedy as disruptive in fiction (ep. 54 after talking Rick and Morty)
- Robin Slonina (ep. 48) tells us about Andy Golub, public painter of nude bodies.
- Reading Ta-Nehishi Coates’ Captain America comics with Anthony LeBlanc (ep. 56)
- The musical 1776 and the segregation that persists to today with Sam after discussing Hamilton (ep. 53).
- A discussion of the new Twilight Zone time loop episode “Try, Try.” (ep. 52)
- Swearing on Star Trek and other sci-fi with Drew (ep. 42).
- A funny Me Too joke on VEEP! and lazy storytelling in drama (after talking #MeToo depictions for ep. 40)
- More made-up sit-com premises (ep. 47).
- Silliness after our costuming ep. 38.
- Something about multi-tasking whose source I forget
Get all the aftertalks at patreon.com/prettymuchpop.
[…] prettymuchpop.com. If you’re not subscribed to the podcast, then you missed last week’s aftertalk highlights episode. This episode includes bonus discussion that you can only hear by supporting the podcast at […]